Friday, February 26, 2010

Why do most hairstylists want to cut long hair short?

Ok I have seen those make-over shows and other hairstyling shows and the stylists want to cut a ladies long hair that is short when they lady doesn't want them too, but the stylist does it anyways. Why do they want to do that? I think that longer hair looks more feminine and more flattering on a woman. Why do the stylists say other wise?Why do most hairstylists want to cut long hair short?
Because they are evil people!Why do most hairstylists want to cut long hair short?
most the time shorter hair is better easer to keep up
good question. too bad i dont know hte answer........
split ends i guess? its also just a style
Keep you coming back to cut ragged ends and restyle the hair. Too make more money.
Well, they can't cut it long. The only thing they can do is make it shorter. Stylists wanna change things. They don't want the same thing. When they style, they gotta cut. That's just the way it is.
uhh....not mine.
One reason is the condition of the hair is typically poor. Another would be because you cannot have an actual ';style'; when it is too long. A third reason is if you have extra weight or are short the long hair emphasizes this. Plus a makeover is about change. = )
uh.. it just looks better for that type of style i guess. lol
I call it a sickness LOL





I think they want to do it to prevent split ends, but long hair is nice. I would suggest that you be very firm in your instructions - one inch off means only ONE inch off. If they disobey, complain to the manager and don't give them a tip.
The main reason they do it is to ';compliment'; the shape of the face...


I have a chubby face, and when my hair is long it looks thinner, when my hair is short, it looks fatter.





either way, I love my hair and I wouldn't cut even If I got gum in it!! LOL (been there, done that!)
hairstylists love love love love cutting hair...you are in control and you have to tell them when to stop because wat they like and what you like is different (usually)





: )
most stylists want to cut long hair because it takes twice as long to cut, style and blow dry and curl long hair ...................it takes very little time to do a short hairdo.........................
They want to make u think that they gave you a good makeover by changing the most but they actually didnt
because long hair on an older person can make them look older and/or make them look frumpy.
Sometimes, the stylist isn't paying attention to what a client wants and they cut off too much because they're distracted. The best stylists will ask a client about her lifstyle, amount of time she has to do her hair, look at her bone structure and face shape, and will make a suggestion as to whether or not long hair is flattering on the client.





I have natural auburn hair that is one length and is to the bottom of my shoulder blades. The last time I had it trimmed, the stylist misunderstood what I wanted and cut it all one length (I wanted to keep the layers and the length), which meant that instead of cutting 1/4 - 1/2 inch off, she cut more than an inch, and I have very healthy hair!





My goal is to grow it to the middle of my back and then have it layered so I can try different styles without them looking heavy on me.
I guess because it makes you look younger, more edgy and flatters the shape of your face
I guess it is because they are very experimental people. Hairstylists considers themselves artists for hair, and artists are very adventurous. Also, it could be possible that the hair the ladies wanted wasn't ';them';, and the stylist knew something better for their head shape.
They are taught that it's healthier for the hair to be short, they think long hair makes you look older or out-dated, and they are taught that short hair is more flattering to most people.


It's all about what your perception of beauty is. They are taught to think of a particular look as beautiful. You might think a different look is more beautiful. I've worn my hair long for thirty years, and I like it. Stylists come and go, but me and my hair are with me all the time. So I pick what I like, not what they do.
they're bored, have nothing else to do, and it makes them feel like they're doing something productive.
Okay- if you are talking about television the producers often want something to grab attention. Also many of the woman DO actually look better with a more flattering style. Professionally I do not enjoy cutting off a lot of hair. I want to work with the client so what I do is the best possible thing for them. Many clients have hair that just doesn't work well too long or it is too time consuming for them on a daily basis. I would never cut off a clients hair without them wanting me to and I have changed a few peoples minds about doing it. (Like right after they break up with a boyfriend or something.) I work in such places that doing something like that would get you fired in a red hot second.

No comments:

Post a Comment