Friday, February 26, 2010

Can extremely heavy or long hair be a cause of neck pain?

I am having off and on again neck pains consistently. I also have dreadlocks and haven't gotten a haircut in 7 years. I would estimate the weight of my hair at somewhere over a 1lb to 2lbs. Could this be responsible for continuous neck pain?Can extremely heavy or long hair be a cause of neck pain?
I used to have hair that was the majority of the way down my back. I also used to get a lot of headaches. After getting my hair cut, my headaches went away. So, I'm sure it could just as easily cause neck pain.Can extremely heavy or long hair be a cause of neck pain?
It can be. I know when I had longer hair, I had more headaches. It can also vary depending on how your wear your hair (gathered into a pony tail, or just hanging down). I'd tell you that if you're getting headaches, to think about getting it trimmed.
Yes, it could. My neighbor's daughter had hair down to her knees and had severe headaches and continuous neck pain, the doctor told her to cut the girls hair, and she never had headaches or neck and back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment