Sunday, February 28, 2010

Short or Long Hair? Does it make a difference when wanting to look professional?

I was told that in the business world it is best to have shorter hair. I have long hair and hate it short. I love to pull it back, etc. Is it true that getting a job or advancing may be affected by hair length?Short or Long Hair? Does it make a difference when wanting to look professional?
Whatever the length of your hair, as long as it is clean and cut in a style that is flattering to you, it's fine. With long hair you can pin it up in different ways and this will lend to your appearance. I don't know that length of hair in and of itself will affect your getting a job. It's more about how you present yourself.Short or Long Hair? Does it make a difference when wanting to look professional?
if you have long hair i have heard pull it back..because i guess having it down makes it look like your trying to impress too much and they don't want to see all the hair in your face...but as a girl i don't think it matters if its long or short, but with guys, shorter is better
Funny to have such kind of criteria in the business world. Just look pleasant everyday and your day will shine brighter and brighter. Be simple and at ease. That way they could feel you have your confidence with you and you're comfortable of anything with yourself.








Paula


Global Sky Inc.


www.global-sky.com
I don't think it has to be one way or the other. I have long hair and I work in the business world. If it is managed and clean I would say either way is fine. Good Luck
I think with long hair pulling it back should be adequate - just as long as it is tame and not going everywhere.
It depends on the cut. I've seen some very professional longer cuts. I think having it too short is harsh.





On What Not To Wear they often leave womens hair fairly long for professional looks.
In all honesty, it depends on the corporate culture of the company you are interviewing for. I am in HR and can say as long as the persons apparence was neat and professional regardless of the position they were interviewing for, it did't matter to me. In a nutshell, LOOK PROFESSIONAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment