Sunday, February 28, 2010

How can i donate my long hair to make a wig for a caner patient?

Any information you'ld like to share would be appreciatedHow can i donate my long hair to make a wig for a caner patient?
I know you are being kind. But the truth is that hair loss from chemo treatment is a temporary condition. Most cancer patients find human hair wigs to be hot and uncomfortable. And because this is a short term condition most organizations that people donate their hair to . . do not make wigs for cancer patients.





Locks of love does not make wigs for children with short term hair loss.


Their wigs go to healthy children with long term hair loss who have alopecia areata which is NOT cancer.





Most cancer patients prefer hats, scarves, or fake wigs because they are more comfortable.





If you still want to donate to people who are losing their hair from cancer treatments:





Wigs for Kids


http://www.wigsforkids.org/





Pantene Beautiful Lengths - for women


http://www.beautifullengths.com/en_US/How can i donate my long hair to make a wig for a caner patient?
You made a point to mentioning that you wanted to donate your hair for cancer patients . . that is the difference. Alopecia is not cancer.

Report Abuse



My wife gives hers to locks of Love. You can cut it and send in yourself or go to a participating salon. Usually a participating salon will cut it and send it in for free, but they just put a band in it and chop it off. If you send it in yourself check their site for the minimum length accepted.





It makes me feel good to think about it when I brush wifes hair. I feel like I'm taking care of something very special.
Google for your area but www.locksoflove.org

No comments:

Post a Comment