Friday, February 26, 2010

What does having very long hair mean about my character, appearance, etc?

I've had very long hair since I was a child. First my father doesn't allow to ever cut it but doesn't mind mysisters having short hair, then my husband doesn't let me cut it ever. I just never found out why.What does having very long hair mean about my character, appearance, etc?
That doesnt sound right...if you want to cut it then you should.


I dont know exactly how long your hair is better it probably just looks like you just like having long hair. it just really depends on how you present yourself.What does having very long hair mean about my character, appearance, etc?
Shaun,


You're an adult, it's your choice now. That said, don't just go cut it without discussing it with your husband. If you do cut it, be sure you have an idea of what you want before you go. You haven't asserted your right to a choice in this matter, and that is not the way to begin such a drastic change.





Long hair implies compliance with convention and tradition, which ever kind of conventions your parents trained you with. The fact that you continue this practice now you are married says you have completely internalized it. I'd be willing to bet your ears are fairly flat to your head -something the ancient Chinese observed about such people.





None of this means it's bad to be this way. It might just be exactly right for you. You must be the one who decides this, though, not the others around you. If you feel the need for change look into yourself for what changes you need. Dont' go for changes to your exterior first, a common mistake when we're feeling a bit restless.
I'm not sure about the second answer. It depends on the host culture. In my country, it is normal for women to have short hair. To have long hair implies that you place love, sexuality and beauty above career, success and assertive self promotion. Long hair implies a love of artistic things, or a love of nature. Short hair implies a preference for money, status symbols and city living.





Some religions forbid short hair on women. Sikhs and some Protestant sects are well known for it. Others allow it, but regard long hair on women as a sign of great beauty. These include Hindus, Catholic and Orthodox Christians. Hindus shave the head of women as a sign of renouncing vanity, since it makes a woman ugly.





I personally love very long hair very much. For me it awakes a great happiness I cannot really explain rationally. Maybe I love the texture and feeling of it over my arms and body, and the beautiful way it flows over and around the curves.





Maybe for me it shows that here is a woman who shares my loves and passions, who is not easily changed by fashion or hostile outsiders into something I might hate, who respects and cares for growing things, and will therefore be a good mother.





It is something, like the very best things, that take a very long time to create, yet is vulnerable and can be destroyed in an instant should we choose to. That I find someone who chooses not to is a great reassurance to me in times the whole world is in peril.

No comments:

Post a Comment