Sunday, February 28, 2010

How to tell if your long hair is healthy looking?

I have long hair, about to the middle of my back and I know that long hair does not look good at all if its unhealthy looking. So how can you tell that your hair is in good shape? Mine is really shiny and soft and I get the dead ends trimmed every couple months or so and its pretty thick.How to tell if your long hair is healthy looking?
As long it you know it is shiny and soft and your cutting your dead/split ends every so often then it is healthy. Do you get compliments? My hair is the same length and condition it sounds like and a lot of people compliment it so thats how I figure its healthy. Plus when I go to the salon they dont tell me to change shampoo or cleaning techniques or cut a ton off...How to tell if your long hair is healthy looking?
Hi Newport Beach stylist here. There is a trick I do to find out the point of damage. FIrst to take care of your hair. Start by doing your hair first as soon as you get into the shower, shampoo rinse good but prior to conditioning take out the excess moisture in your hair comb the conditioner through your hair then pen it up letting the conditioner set while you finish your shower then do a cold water rinse. After getting out of the shower use a wonderful detangler called Tri-Wheat leave in conditioner by Sex Hair (product line)


Ok, the trick. After blow drying your hair shack your head around real good then run your fingers towards the ends until your fingers start to catch. at the point of the catch is the point of damage to the hair.
It's not crunchy, but shiny and soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment