Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is it professional for a male teacher to have long hair?

I am an elementary school teacher in Texas and have hair hitting my shoulders at this point. I am planning to let it grow longer. I can put most of it up in a ponytail or leave it all down. I keep it clean, well groomed and trimmed. Is this just pushing the envelope or, just no big deal?Is it professional for a male teacher to have long hair?
I am also an elementary school teacher in Texas. I don't know where you are, but I'm in San Antonio where it is very diverse. I don't think it is unprofessional, but your principal might. If you act the part, dress the part and look well groomed, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. Just be yourself.Is it professional for a male teacher to have long hair?
If it's kept clean and well groomed like you said, then there's absolutely no problem with it at all. It would be considered a little extreme if it reached your lower back or anything, but shoulder length is fine.


The only unacceptable hairstyles for a teacher are ones that kind of influence children, such as mohawks, extreme spikes, dreadlocks, etc.
I don't see why hair length should matter for teachers, as long as it is kept neat. People who have a problem with it need to get a life.
No big deeal. i'm tired of people saying ';hes a terrible person b/c he has long hair!';

No comments:

Post a Comment