Sunday, February 28, 2010

How can I keep my long hair healthy?

I want to grow my hair long, for now my goal is to my lower back. Its about 22 and a half inches long and i need only eight more to get to my goal.





Will keeping it in a braid prevent breakage other things that might damage the hair?





No, I dont and never have dyed my hair.How can I keep my long hair healthy?
braiding it wont prevent damage unless its windy. just stay away from blow drying it and straighteners, things like that, which will break it off. also, use a paddle brush. Paddle brushes are flat and wide. They help in brushing long hair and for styling them. Brushing your hair with paddle brush also gives you a slight scalp massage, which helps stimulate hair growth. DONT use a rush with wire, you need something soft on your hair, that wont pull on any tangles. something like a brissle.How can I keep my long hair healthy?
Eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water, don't wash everyday, about every 2-3 days, braid at night before bed, trim split ends regularly, or if you don't get splits, you should trim an inch to 2 inches every 6-8 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows.
Well I know this sounds weird, but make sure to get it trimmed every month (Just the tips) to rid of the split ends. Ihave long hair down to the middle of my back.


I wash my hair with saloon products (Only baught at salons and Victoria Secret). Make sure to brush your hair softley to prevent breakage and also put redken ';glass' formula in it. It's amazing! But be sure to ask the girls a the salon how to use it and how much.


It makes your hair look like you just left the salon everytime!
yeah. I braid mine every night and it is fine in the morning
I have long hair too about the same length as you. So to keep mine healthy I put mayonaise in it. As weird as it sounds it keeps it healthy and shiny looking. Then when I get out the shower I put a leave in conditioner. If i straighten it or put heat on it i use a heat protectant spray. Then I take vitamins for hair and get my ends trimmed every 3 weeks.
Get ur hair trimmed every once in a while, so u don't get split ends. Also, wash ur hair and other stuff.
my hair is almost 1/2 way down my back. get a trim every 6- 12 weeks to snip off split end.





invest in a good quality brush that doesn't damage your hair.





use high quality shampoos and conditioners.





don't brush your hair when it's wet, if you must, start and the ends and work your way being gentle!! (preferably brush your hair well before washing it so you get all knots out)





eat lots of protein i.e. meat, chicken, fish, milk, cheese, yogurt, protein helps your hair grown.





take a high quality multiple vitamin and maybe an extra supplement of biotin. drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to keep your skin, hair and body hydrated.





keep your hair in a pony tail as much as you can, i think braiding might be a bit damaging to the hair cause it is being twisted and pulled.





Brush your hair (with a high quality brush) often, this distributes oils so your hair is healthy and shiny.





avoid gels, sprays with alcohol since they are very drying to your hair.
well even if your trying to let your hair grow long, you should cuz about an inch a month to keep it growing and healthy
get it trimmed and deep conditioned about once a month wash it everyday and make sure it is always brushed


before you put any type of heat on it like a blow dreyer curling iron or flat iron ue heat rotection spray
Don't always make it on a braid because your hair gets into that form and then it damages it even more.... you should get some type of condisioner like Garnier or something else that is especially for long hair. Now since it is winter, you should use a protective sparay to prevent damage!
put oil in it overnight and braid it





olive oil works great
take vitamins and make sure you use shampoo and conditioner with no alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment